Before I became a parent I thought that I'd be the one in charge. I'd decide the rules, rewards, and consequences. Ha! Little did I know that when they brought out my teeny tiny baby girl that what I was actually getting was a teeny tiny dictator! Here are some of the rules and regulations according to one Ms. Isabella.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
1. I will put myself to sleep at bedtime, but at nap time you can forget it. There will be rocking, ssshhhhing, and bouncing and lots of it.
2. Speaking of naps, I will keep them just long enough to take the edge off, but if you think you're getting more then that you're nuts.
3. I will peacefully drift off to sleep in your arms, but the second you put me in that crib I will wake up and smile. It will be cute the first time. The 5th time...not so much.
4. You will take me on lots of walks and I will be very good, but if you stop for more then a minute I will whine and fuss until we're back in motion.
5. I will eat my solids when I want and how I want.
6. When Mommy is working I will sleep until 7, but when she has a day off I will be sure to get up at 6 so she doesn't get too used to sleeping in.
7. I will let you hold me as long as you are walking but stop and I will push away from you like you've just been diagnosed with swine flu.
8. These rules are final and absolute. There will be no exceptions or substitutions. There will be no second chances. If you break these rules the consequences will include screaming fits, fussing, and general unpleasantness.
Looks like I have one tough little boss.
Posted by Melissa G. at 5:06 AM