There are plenty of things about motherhood that I'd like to forget, poop geysers, 2 hour sleep intervals, screaming fits. However, there are many more things that I don't want to forget. But I know that my brain has been turned to swiss cheese so I figure I can write it all down here.
- How soft the inside of her palm is when she rubs my face during her nighttime bottle. She just carefully caresses my face as she drifts off to sleep.
- The way she nuzzles her head into my neck when she's sleepy. She's not squirming trying to get free, she's content and quiet. I can feel her heart beating and her shallow breaths. Gets me every time.
- Those belly laughs. When I smell her stinky feet or cover her with a blanket and then uncover her real quick. It's like food for the soul.
- When she accomplishes something new, like crawling or pulling herself up to a stand and she gets this look on her face like she just saved the world. I love it. She's so proud of herself.
- First thing in the morning when I go into the nursery and her face lights up like a Christmas tree. This is always my favorite time of the day, just so long as it's not before 6 am.