I'm back from a lovely week down at the Jersey shore. Unfortunately we stayed in Ocean City which is a dry town so there was virtually no chance of running into my fist pumping faves, Snooki and The Situation, although there was this fabulous T-shirt that said "Pump Fists Not Gas" that I wanted to have but Andy promptly told me that the purchase of that T-shirt would result in a messy divorce so I decided to forgo the tackiness. Here are some bullet points of the trip so you don't get lost in an endless diatribe.
- The ocean weather is treacherous on my hair. I'm talking frizz central.
- Isabella will not eat broccoli but she has no problem shoveling sand down her throat. You'd think that after the first taste she would realize that it's nasty, but apparently that's not true.
- She is not scared of the ocean or of birds and chased both with gusto.
- My cousin was there with her two girls and Isabella really enjoyed smashing her 2.5 year olds sand castle.
- Beach vacations with young children are NOT relaxing. There's no laying out, no reading trashy magazines, no sleeping late. But it is nice to have parents who will stay home after the baby has gone to sleep so you can go to Atlantic City with your cousins and their significant others and have a nice dinner and gamble a bit.
- The food on the boardwalk was amazing: curly fries, fried oreos, fried snickers, pizza, ice cream, hot dogs, caramel corn, and not to mention the ass ton of wine and beer we drank on the front patio each night. I'm not stepping on the scale until I've had one week to detox!
- Isabella had to sleep in her crib in our room and it was not fun. She'd wake up way earlier than usual and not go back to sleep because she'd see me and Andy sleeping and she'd yell "Mommy" "Dada" over and over until we finally got up.
- We had a great time and we're going back next year for sure and we're thinking about Disney World next summer too!
Enjoying a beer on the porch after bedtime