I can't believe that yesterday we celebrated Isabella's second birthday. It was such a wonderful day. We woke up and took Isabella to IHOP, then we went to the park to play, after her nap we went for a swim in the pool, then our families came over for a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" themed birthday party. Today was just a small family party, next weekend is her big bash with all her friends at Party Gym.
Here's what Isabella is up to...
- She knows all the letters of the alphabet and their sounds
- She can count to 20
- Can count to 10 in Spanish (thank you Dora)
- She knows all of her colors.
- She has pretty good manners and usually remembers to say please, thank you, and excuse me.
- She will announce to the world when she farts and don't dare fart in front of her because she will totally call you out.
- She is done with baby talk and talking in full blown adult like sentences. The other day she told me, "I don't want to eat grilled cheese, I want something else for lunch."
- She could live out doors. All she wants to do is be outside.
- She has a flair for the dramatics. We were swimming the other day and her chin got wet and she screams out, "Oh no! Isabella's chin is all wet! Oh no oh no, clean it up quick." If she gets a boo boo everyone in the house has to kiss it.
- She knows the names of these shapes: circle, square, rectangle, diamond, hexagon, and triangle.
- She can sing every word to Twinkle Twinkle, Sally the Camel, Rock-a-Bye Your Bear, Old McDonald, and pretty much every song on the Little People CD's.
- She can "read" (re: memorized all the words), to The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?, Goodnight Moon, Happy Baby's ABC/123/Colors, I Love You Stinky Face, Your My Little Love Bug, and all the lift the flap books. Most nights she reads to me.
- She's been sleeping extra well, usually 8pm - 7:30am and is taking 1.5-2.5 hour nap. I got to be honest, I never thought I'd see the day when Isabella turned into a good sleeper and I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm totally bragging on it for now.
|I totally made this cake myself even though I'm neither crafty nor a good baker|