Today I say goodbye to my 20's and timidly enter my 30's. Now I'm not really one to get all nutso about my age, except that I kind of am. I mean, 30 is a big birthday. I'm happy at where I am in my life. I have a wonderful husband, a healthy daughter, a beautiful home, a job that I love, a car that's paid off, and money in the bank. But 30 just seems so, grown up...so scary. I feel like I have to turn in my cool card. I don't know it just feels weird. I'm sure I'll adjust.
But I almost forgot that last year I made my 30 Before 30 list. I'm usually a big fat fail when it comes to sticking to lists, save for my weekly to-do list, so let's see how I did.
1. Buy a piece of designer clothing, not a Canal street special. Something classic that will always be in style.
Yes! I have a beautiful Michael Kors bag that I love. It's a black structured bag and I love it.
2. Go to a beer garden with Andy
This was a fail, but really not my fault. The one we were supposed to go to was on May 4th and I was in the process of recovering from my mtx shot and couldn't drink.
3. Throw a mystery dinner party for my friends
4. Have a grown up tea party
5. Spend an entire day by myself doing nothing
Oh yes! Several and they were gloriously spent watching The RHOBH and eating gourmet chocolate because you just can't have the cheap stuff when you're watching someone's dog eat better than you do.
6. Go away for a girl's weekend
Vegas baby yeah! Probably the best trip I've ever taken. I also spent a night down the Jersey Shore with some girlfriends last summer too.
7. Have a mani/pedi day with Isabella
We've actually done this a bunch of time. Once I took her to a fancy little girl salon and a few times she's just tagged along with me when I needed to go.
8. Go to that Japanese restaurant that I always see in my neighborhood
Andy and I did this and even though it was a bit pricey it was really delicious.
9. Make a new friend
Aside from the fact that this item is completely lame, I totally picked up a friend in Florida. She also happens to be a blogger so go and check her out @ My Two Cents Plus Haikus
10. Get a post syndicated on BlogHer
No, see below
11. Figure out exactly what BlogHer is all about.
No every time I go on that site it makes my inner technophobe pee in her grandma panties. Can someone explain it to me like I'm an idiot?
12. Go to a happy hour in the city with my girls
Yes, and I think I may have eaten some sort of kangaroo pie that night.
13. Rent a hotel room with Andy close by just to have a night away from home with a little decadence.
Yeah, no that didn't happen. I refuse to pay a hundred bucks to sleep 2 miles from my house. This was stupid.
14. Go shopping for myself for a change. In the mall not online.
Yes. I don't think I mentioned it because my life was too busy being a horror show, but Andy and my sister threw me an amazing 30th birthday party at a bar I love in the city and I took a whole day to burn up those gift cards.
|It was Mardis Gras themed|
15. Plan a surprise date night for Andy
No, I fail as a wife.
16. Take a gym class by myself
Nah, being by yourself is over rated.
17. Make a will
No, I fail as a mom as wel.
18. Read 20 books
I don't think I officially counted, but I'm practically positive I've read 20 books.
19. Buy a statement necklace
More than one
20. Have a slumber party...grown up style
No, I've slept with grown ups but I wouldn't call it a party.
21. Reconnect with an old friend
My friend Buffy just moved to Jersey and we're planning a play date so I may have just squeaked this one in under the wire.
22. Make a signature cocktail
I like beer and have yet to figure out how to brew my own, so no.
23. Have a picnic in the park
We had an ice cream picnic last year.
24. Go on a mini-vacation without the baby
Andy and I went away for the weekend. It was nice. I slept a lot.
25. Buy someone a really nice gift
Besides myself? I think I may need to spend my 30's being less selfish.
26. Wear a bikini (Body willing)
No. I did wear a monokini in Vegas, but I just can't bring myself to go out in a bikini even though I'm about 2lbs away from my goal weight. My belly is just smooshy.
27. Take my computer to starbucks and write in peace even though I always think those people are giant douchers. It's quiet and there's nobody bugging me.
LOL I can't do this. I really just can't.
28. Try a new look: one that I would normally say no to. I can probably have my sister pick something out for me.
My lower half has been candy colored on more than one occasion. I've also worn sequins and rock red lipstick quite a bit.
29. Figure out how to get the videos from my camera onto a computer
No they'll die in that cannon video cam.
30. Get a celebrity to tweet me
I don't want to brag, but Alex McCord from RHONY totally tweeted me.
Birthday gifts from my girl.
Not a completely epic fail.