Getting your kids to brush their teeth is like the easiest thing in the world...said no mom ever. I have to fight tooth and nail (no pun intended) to get Isabella to brush her teeth. It's like a big shocker every morning and night that she needs to brush her teeth. And heaven forbid I should mention the dentist, the poor girl is terrified even though the few times she's been she had a positive experience.
Crest and Oral B Pro-Health Stages are working together with America's ToothFairy (the National Children's Oral Health Foundation) to promote healthy teeth and lessen the fear of the dentist. With a brand new design featuring Mike and Sulley from the upcoming prequel Monsters University, children don't need to fear monsters under the bed or the dentist!
Here are some tips to help keep your kid's teeth sparkly white with Crest Pro-Health Stages Monsters, Inc Toothpaste and Oral-B Stages Toothbrush
- Make sure that children under 6 use only a pea size amount and instruct them in good brushing and rinsing habits to minimize swallowing.
- The toothbrush helps to protect tender gums, surrounds and cleans teeth, helps kids to reach their back teeth, fits little hands, and makes brushing fun with their favorite characters.
- Visit the dentist with your child before their first appointment. Ask the dental assistant for a tour and to give your child a quick preview of what to expect. This can minimize fear and anxiety and prove to be a great learning opportunity.
- For older children you can bring them with you to the dentist to give them an opportunity to ask questions and see how the instruments will be used. This gives them a chance to witness good oral health behaviors and it gives you a chance to get your teeth cleaned and maybe overcome your own fears.
- Keep regular dentist visits to keep a sense of familiarity and comfort with the dental team and provide preventive care necessary for a healthy smile.
- Reinforce concepts such as daily brushing and flossing by posting a calendar and rewarding your child a gold star or sticker for every day of excellent oral care. Help get your child excited about their next dental visit by bringing the calendar with you to show the dentist.
- Let them bring a favorite toy or blanket to give them security and comfort
The winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. I received a free sample of the product so that I might provide an honest review.