I love Chinese takeout. What I hate is the fat, sodium, and high calorie intake. It's just as easy and even cheaper just to make it yourself. This recipe is so super quick to make it will be gone before the delivery guy even rings your doorbell.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Here's a quick, easy, and delicious recipe for sesame chicken
1/4 cup flour
4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbs coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs sesame seeds
Cooked brown rice
1. Coat the chicken with flour and shake off the excess
2. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat the coconut oil until hot
3. Brown the chicken on all sides until cooked through. About 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Quickly combine sugar and soy sauce and continually stir until the sugar dissolves and combines with the soy sauce being careful not to burn the sugar. Add sesame oil.
5. Return chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Top with the sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
If you're on the 21 Day Fix I count this as a red, yellow, and orange. I'm taking a little liberty with the sugar but it's really not that much.
If you want any information on the 21 Day Fix email me at Galileo.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit me at http://www.teambeachbody.com/MelissaGalileo
Posted by Melissa G. at 8:03 AM